However, many of us are planning on increasing our online presence and boosting our website traffic and sales. If this is your resolution, you have come to the right place.
We have searched the web for some of the best digital marketing blogs. Given how well they have done thus far and the quality of the information they continually produce, we are sure that these blogs will have some great information.
We have also included three of the best pieces from each site so that you can have a good idea of what these sites have to offer and what we can expect. So, if you are ready, let’s get going.
The Top 30
If you are an online marketer, this is one blog you can’t miss. The tested, proven, and practical information will help you with tips on conversion optimization, content marketing, and a lot more.
- 5 Ways Your E-Commerce Business Can Recover From A Growth Setback
- Key Customer Metrics You Need to be Tracking
- Here’s 5 Smart Ways to Plan Your E-Commerce Sales Promotion
2. Peg Fitzpatrick Blog
This is a must-read blog if you want some great information on strategies for social media marketing. You can also learn ways to become more efficient as well as a plethora of other useful information.
- How to Create Facebook Visuals that Convert
- 3 Powerful Strategies for Delivering Your Best Social Media
- Master New Skills: Social Media Power Tips to Be More Successful
3. Occam’s Razor
While the title might seem more like a gamers site, Occam’s Razor is probably one of the best internet marketing blogs you will find. Besides, Avinash Kaushik knows what he is talking about.
- Five Key Elements For A Big Analytics-Driven Business Impact
- Digital Attribution’s Ladder of Awesomeness: Nine Critical Steps
- Be Real-World Smart: A Beginner’s Advanced Google Analytics Guide
4. John Doherty
Entrepreneur, blogger, and marketer John Doherty provide some excellent marketing tips. You do not want to miss this blog.
- Why Marketplaces Should Create Content for PR Purposes
- How to Grow Your Business
- How I Built Two Six Figure Companies in One Year With $617 in Paid Plugins (And A Ton of Work)
5. Rebekah Radice
Radice offers some great pointers for making the most of your online presence through strengthening your social media skills.
- 7 Social Media Trends You Need to Add to Your 2017 Strategy
- How to Strengthen Your 2017 Social Media Strategy
- 11 Facebook Principles That Will Improve Your Marketing
6. Online Behavior
Editor and marketing expert Daniel Waisberg provides helpful information on conversion optimization strategies, web analytics, and marketing measurement techniques.
- Fixing Five Common Google Analytics Setup Mistakes
- Use Statistics for Illumination Not for Support
- Interactive Dashboards with Data Studio & Bigquery
7. Quick Sprout
For practical advice, inspiration and marketing tips, check out this blog by Neil Patel. For marketers, it is a great resource that you shouldn’t miss.
- How to Outrank Your Competition’s Best-Performing Page
- The Ultimate Blueprint for a High-Converting Longform Blog Post
- Stop Building Traffic, and Start Converting It. Here’s How
8. Jenn’s Trends
Follow this blog by Jenn Herman for information on reports, advice, case studies, and tips regarding marketing on social media.
- 7 Practical Tips for Social Media Success in 2017
- How to Manage Social Media on Your Schedule
- How to Grow Your Email List Using Social Media
9. Analytics Vidhya
If you want to stay up-to-date on the latest trends and news regarding the world of analytics, follow this blog. Additionally, there is some great advice and tips to be found here.
- Cheatsheet – Excel Functions & Keyboard Shortcuts
- 21 Reasons Why You Should NOT Become A Data Scientist
- 25+ Websites to Find Datasets for Data Science Projects
If you are a believer in using data to drive your marketing decisions, take a look at this blog and start learning how to create landing pages that will turn visitors into customers.
- 10 Questions to Ask Yourself When Your Conversion Rates Are Below Average
- Why Traffic Shaping is So Dang Fantastic for Conversion Rates
- How to Get 100,000 People to See Your Blog Post
Increasing your efficiency in the use of social media as a marketing vessel is what this blog is all about. It will help you learn how to reach out and engage customers, increase sales, and also optimize your branding efforts.
- 8 Big Social Media Marketing Mistakes Businesses Make (and How to Avoid Them)
- A Comprehensive Guide to Your Social Media Image Sizes
- How to Get Started with Instagram Marketing
The amount of useful information found on this blog can be overwhelming. However, the marketing advice and tips are invaluable to the rookie digital marketer, as well as the seasoned professional.
- How to Market to Each Generation on Social Media
- 28 of the Best Chrome Extensions for SEO, Productivity & More
- Putting Meaning Back Into Marketing
13. Calculated Risk
Founder of Calculated Risk, Bill McBride, has an extensive background in management, finances, and economics. He brings this wealth of knowledge to this blog and lays it out for you to use in your professional pursuits.
- Sunday Night Futures: Oil Prices up Sharply
- Merrill: FMOC Preview
- Goldman: Fiscal Boost: Mainly a 2018 Story
14. The Future Buzz
A valuable source for marketers and entrepreneurs alike, The Future Buzz provides great information that will help you to increase your online presence and internet marketing.
- Why Every Marketer & Digital Analyst Should Learn to Invest
- How a Brand Can Use Influencers to Target a New Niche
- Digital Analytics Best Practices For Agencies
15. AdHawk Blog
This blog provides some great tips, how-to’s, and advice on making the most out of your social media marketing efforts.
- 7 Ways to Ignite Creativity in Your Advertising Campaigns: Inspiration from Tim Brown of IDEO
- 2 Simple Tests for Optimizing Your Sales Funnel
- 5 Default Settings in AdWords That Lower Your ROI
16. Matthew Woodward
For bloggers of all skill levels, this blog will help you to build your online business step-by-step to make it more successful.
- 6 Figure Blogger Reveals How to Make Money Blogging
- Monthly Income, Growth & Traffic Report – November 2016
- 41 Tutorials That Teach You How to Become A Blogger
One of the must-read blogs for 2017, and now, is Copyblogger. Follow Sonia Simone and Brian Clark as they provide you with tips and advice on how to make your content more engaging and compelling.
- 3 Lesser-Known Copywriting Techniques that Keep Readers Glued to Your Content
- The 4 Pillars Every Online Business Is Built On
- Use This Content Marketing Checklist to Skyrocket Your Productivity
18. Digital Marketer
Looking to maximize your ROI? Then follow this blog that is filled with great tips and advice for building and selling new products.
- How to Build A Marketing Dream Team for Your Brand
- The Ad Grid: How to Build Traffic Campaigns that Convert Higher and Scale Faster
- Customer Value Optimization: How to Build an Unstoppable Business
No, it is not a place to launder your social media sites. However, it is a great place to learn new social media strategies.
- 5 Unpublished Stats on the Future of Social Media Marketing
- 15 Tips for Creating Video Content That Converts
- Speed is Not the Currency of Satisfaction in Customer Service
20. The Copybot
If your goal is to build compelling copy that is clear and concise, follow The Copybot blog. Demian Farnworth does a great job of bringing you information on how to do just that.
- Starting a New Blog? Assume Nothing
- Crash Course on Web Writing
- Essential Copywriting Formulas Every Writer Should Know
This blog is a great source for when you are designing your marketing campaign while keeping user experience in place.
- 10 Web Design and UX Trends to Boost Conversions in 2017
- The Fundamentals of Storytelling in UX
- Why A Site Redesign Should be the Last Resort
22. The Buffer Blog
This blog is a perfect place for insights on social media, customer happiness, and online marketing.
- 37 Free Marketing and Social Media Classes to Elevate Your Skills Today
- Where Social Media is Headed in 2017: The Biggest Trends to Watch For
- The 20 Best New Social Media Tools to Try in 2017
23. Hootsuite Social Blog
This is a great blog to get tips and advice on social media strategies that are active on many social media platforms.
- Facebook Live Video: The Complete Guide to Live-Streaming for Business
- What Customers Want from Your Facebook Page
- A Long List of Twitter Statistics All Social Media Marketers Should Know
24. Copy Hackers
Looking for ways to make you copy convert? Then check out the Copy Hackers blog. Here you can find advice and tips from professionals that are 100% actionable.
- 7 Ways I’ve Increased Conversion Rates (and even retention) with Thank You Pages
- How to Write a Kickstarter Pitch: An Analysis of the Best – And Worst – Campaign Copy
- The 3 Copywriting Principles We Followed to 2X SweatBlock.com’s Revenue
Learn field-tested tips and tricks that you can use in your marketing efforts.
- Ecommerce Optimization in 8 Minutes: How to Increase the Performance of Your Category Pages with a Clear Value Proposition
- Consumer Marketing: 4 Communication Tips for Online Salespeople from a Customer Perspective
- Display Advertising: 4 Common Mistakes Marketers Make With Banner Ads
26. Social Times
This is another great blog that you can use to keep up-to-date on the latest trends and news from around the digital marketing world.
- How and Why Referral Marketing Works
- 1 Billion Reasons Why Snapchat’s Brand Filters Are Shaping the Future of Marketing
- Game Makers’ Ad Strategy: Less TV, More Cross-Channel Targeting
27. Boost Blog Traffic
John Morrow brings you advice and tips for improving on your content blogging and marketing efforts. As a bonus, he also has a free eBook that covers the topic of headline hacks.
- How to Get More Traffic from Every Post by Republishing on Medium
- The Ultimate Guide to Writing Comments that Open Doors with Popular Bloggers
- 7 Simple Edits that Make Your Writing 100% More Powerful
28. Crazy Egg
If you need some ideas on what you should be monitoring and analyzing, you need to follow this blog.
- Facebook Ads vs. Google AdWords: Which Service Should I Use?
- What is a Unique Selling Proposition (USP)?
- The Crazy Egg Guide to LinkedIn Advertising
29. Boom Social
Here is a great blog you can use to help with customer engagement and conversion, as well as content for increasing traffic.
- 5 Steps to Take Your Business Idea and Turn It Into Reality
- The #1 Marketing Lesson to be Learned From the Presidential 2016 Election
- The #1 Thing You Should Be Doing on Facebook EVERY Day
This is a great source for news covering the topics of research, marketing, and opinions. This blog is a must for those that want to improve their online presence.
- Three Ways that AI is Enhancing the Ecommerce Customer Experience
- Research-Backed Techniques to Boost Holiday Ecommerce Sales
- How Young Marketers have an Impact on Marketing Strategies
There you have it, our list of the 30 can’t miss digital marketing blogs. However, you do not have to wait until next year to check them out. It is never too early to start improving your digital marketing skills.